the barrons

the barrons

about us

We're from the Syracuse, NY, area and started dating when we went to BYU-Idaho for college. We were married December 2008 and have a daughter, Sophie. We will be welcoming a new baby in November 2013! We currently live in Mason, Ohio, near lots of family! Drew is working at Liberty Mutual Insurance as an Auto Claims Adjuster. Carissa is now a stay-at-home wife and momma! We know there's more in store for us in our future, and we say, "Come what may and love it!"
Powered by Blogger.

11 July 2009

We'll Be Travel Experts When We're Through!

I never thought I'd be the one to say that we're travelers, but this summer offers some new and exciting activities!
I have never met the Barron family in Florida. Since Drew and I are moving out west, I probably wouldn't have had the chance to meet them for a LONG time (and Drew hasn't seen them for 5 or 6 years), but we've planned a Barron family trip to Florida at the end of the month! I am so excited! We will be leaving for our drive to the Orlando area on July 29th, and will be returning to New York on August 6th. I'm not sure what we have planned for our vacation, but I know that we'll be soaking up lots of sun while we're there!
Another fun trip Drew and I will be taking is our road trip across the country to get to Idaho! We can't very well fly for a few reasons: we need to get our car out there, we have too much stuff to take with us and it would be really expensive to ship out, and I thought it'd be fun for Drew to meet my family throughout the country! We have planned out our exact route for our drive out west, with family stops all along the way.

Here is our proposed schedule:
August 10th- leave NY for Youngstown, OH, to spend some time with my grandparents, the Dumases, and hopefully my Aunt Linda and her kids (possibly spend an hour or two with my Aunt Dawn and her family)
August 11th- leave Youngstown to go to Zanesville, OH, to have lunch with my other grandparents, the Stimpsons and then continue on to Cincinnati to spend a few nights with the Ackleys
August 12th- spend the day and night with the Ackleys
August 13th- head off to Kansas City to spend a little time with my mom, Dave, and some of the Case family
August 14th- spend the day and night with the Cases
August 15th- drive for awhile to Cheyenne, WY, and stay in a hotel for the night
August 16th- drive to Saratoga Springs, UT, to spend some time with my sister, Kalin, and her family
August 17th- stay with Kalin
August 18th- drive the 4 1/2 hours up to Rexburg, Idaho, and move into our new place!

Can you believe all of the stops we'll be taking?! I am very excited to see my family and very excited for Drew to meet Aunt Linda, Grandma and Grandpa Stimpson, Aunt Jan (she'll be there with the Stimpsons), the Ackleys, and the Cases!
So there it is, our 2009 summer. : ) We know it will be fun, and we will definitely be taking lots of pictures to post!

No comments: