the barrons

the barrons

about us

We're from the Syracuse, NY, area and started dating when we went to BYU-Idaho for college. We were married December 2008 and have a daughter, Sophie. We will be welcoming a new baby in November 2013! We currently live in Mason, Ohio, near lots of family! Drew is working at Liberty Mutual Insurance as an Auto Claims Adjuster. Carissa is now a stay-at-home wife and momma! We know there's more in store for us in our future, and we say, "Come what may and love it!"
Powered by Blogger.

19 October 2010

BYU-Idaho, here I come!

I have just received my acceptance email saying I have been accepted to BYU-Idaho! I'm a college student again!! I am still waiting to hear what track I'll be on: Fall/Winter, Winter/Spring, or Spring/Fall. Hopefully it's Winter/Spring!
It's been awhile since I've been to school, so I'm a bit nervous. I've never known how to study... I didn't forget, I just never learned a studying style for me, so I guess it'll be a good opportunity to get to know myself as a student.
I hope I will keep in mind, as I attend school, the importance of education and how I have been longing to learn more. I love learning, but I don't always want to do the work. Thankfully, I have a built-in reminder whom I like to keep around (his name is Drew) and whom I know will keep me on task. Thank you in advance, hub!
On another note, here is my latest "recently read" book list:
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
- Catching Fire
- Mockingjay
- The Great and Terrible Volume 1: Prologue: The Brothers

I'm jumping straight into another series! Thanks to Aunt Amy, Mom in Kansas City, and Drew, I am now reading The Great and Terrible, a series by Chris Stewart, published by Deseret Book. I'll let you know how it's going once I'm into the series a little more...

Have an absolutely splendid day!

No comments: