the barrons

the barrons

about us

We're from the Syracuse, NY, area and started dating when we went to BYU-Idaho for college. We were married December 2008 and have a daughter, Sophie. We will be welcoming a new baby in November 2013! We currently live in Mason, Ohio, near lots of family! Drew is working at Liberty Mutual Insurance as an Auto Claims Adjuster. Carissa is now a stay-at-home wife and momma! We know there's more in store for us in our future, and we say, "Come what may and love it!"
Powered by Blogger.

13 June 2011

2nd Trimester!


Pregnancy is one of the strangest things I have ever experienced. I don't know my body anymore, and when I think I'm starting to understand it again, something completely out of the blue happens and I'm confused all over again. I'm growing a living being inside, and I can't help but be grateful to my Heavenly Father for blessing me with this opportunity to care for and harbor His little one. I am more in love with and more grateful for Drew than ever before. He has been the perfect support for a cranky, moody, crying-out-of-nowhere pregnant wife.

Overall, I think pregnancy agrees with me. I haven't been very sick; I only threw up once, and I don't think the "morning sickness" will be coming back since it seems to have subsided almost entirely. That was what I was the most terrified about because I hate getting sick. (Does anyone truly like it? I didn't think so.)

As of today:
  • How far along? 14 weeks - 2nd trimester!
  • Weight - down 4 pounds from pre-pregnancy weight
  • Current cravings - ice cold water, bagels with jalapeno cream cheese, cheeseburgers, watermelon, white grape juice, egg salad sandwiches, Wegman's subs, wings, vinegar, dill pickles, hummus, activity!
  • Food aversions - tomatoes, anything too acidic, the smell of garlic
  • Symptoms - back aches, major fatigue, head aches, constant hunger, hourly (or even more) trips to empty my smushed bladder
  • I miss - being fine with whatever I eat; not needing to eat every hour or so
  • I'm looking forward to - others being able to tell that I'm prego; feeling Baby move; finding out if our baby is a girl or a boy!
  • Gender - unknown, but we find out in 6 weeks or less! Not-so-secretly hoping our baby is a boy.
  • Baby - is able to suck its thumb and wiggle its fingers and toes! Baby is starting to develop the ability to move its eyes (even if it won't open them for another 3 months). Baby's liver, kidneys, and spleen continue to develop while lanugo (thin, downy hair) grows all over Baby's body for warmth.
 

Wow, it's so amazing that I'm growing such a wonderful little baby!

We've got another doctor appointment scheduled for the 28th (week 16), so we'll hopefully hear our little one's heart beat again!

1 comment:

Mrs. Smith said...

Congratulations! You're just about 6 weeks behind me! So exciting!