the barrons

the barrons

about us

We're from the Syracuse, NY, area and started dating when we went to BYU-Idaho for college. We were married December 2008 and have a daughter, Sophie. We will be welcoming a new baby in November 2013! We currently live in Mason, Ohio, near lots of family! Drew is working at Liberty Mutual Insurance as an Auto Claims Adjuster. Carissa is now a stay-at-home wife and momma! We know there's more in store for us in our future, and we say, "Come what may and love it!"
Powered by Blogger.

19 September 2011

28 weeks

I'm at the beginning of my final trimester in pregnancy! This is wonderful! ...Or is it?

We are very anxious for this little girl to get here. Apart from our obvious excitement at having a baby come into our lives, we are very nervous and a little scared to be parents so soon. It's a responsibility we've always known we'd take on, but now that it's so real, just within our reach, it's hard not to take a step back and say, "Are we ready for this?"
We'll sure love this baby, that's all I can say. We're told that we're worrying about all the right things (how to help her learn and grow healthily and happily), and that it will make all the difference in becoming good parents. Hopefully they're right.
Here are some interesting things about this week of pregnancy:
"By this week, your baby weighs two and a quarter pounds (like a Chinese cabbage) and measures 14.8 inches from the top of her head to her heels. She can blink her eyes, which now sport lashes. With her eyesight developing, she may be able to see the light that filters in through your womb. She's also developing billions of neurons in her brain and adding more body fat in preparation for life in the outside world." -Baby Center
 "Despite being a bipedal whale, this fetal fat collection stuff is serious business, and you’ve got to put up with it because it’s going to keep your little porker warm and healthy after birth, since their brain will be unable to regulate their tiny baby-body's temperature. Other good stuff from inside the womb: your little explorer's eyes are doing lots of blinking this week because they’re now responding to light and dark! And in life-critical physical developments: your champ's tiny industrious bone marrow is now a major construction site for blood cells." -Baby Gaga
I think it's funny how Baby Gaga always insults the pregnant mother. "Despite being a bipedal whale"... gee, thanks! Haha! It's okay though, I do feel that way some times. Lately, I've been feeling pretty tired and worn out. My back always aches, which is typical, but my feet and ankles aren't swelling! So, that's good news!
At my 27 week appointment, my belly measured 31cm (a little larger than the "supposed-to-be" 27cm), and Sophie's heart rate was 134 bpm. She's has been quite wiggly, too! It's wonderful!

I also found out that I need to be careful with my intake of carbohydrates and sugars, or I may be diagnosed with gestational diabetes. It takes just a little change of diet: no packaged sweets (and very light on any others), only eat simple carbs, and always pair them with proteins. Overall, very healthy diet! It's kind of a "duh", but the news shocked us and made us scared that our baby could end up being HUGE or that I could put her at risk for other complications at birth. Drew is also sticking to my new diet guidelines to make things easier. He's so sweet!
These pictures are from today: 28 weeks!


By the way... more pictures coming soon! :)

1 comment:

Victoria M. said...

So does that mean you passed your first glucose test or you didnt? I just found out I didnt pass mine so i have to schedule my three hour one, not fun lol. You guys are SUCH a cute family and you will be amazing parents =D