the barrons

the barrons

about us

We're from the Syracuse, NY, area and started dating when we went to BYU-Idaho for college. We were married December 2008 and have a daughter, Sophie. We will be welcoming a new baby in November 2013! We currently live in Mason, Ohio, near lots of family! Drew is working at Liberty Mutual Insurance as an Auto Claims Adjuster. Carissa is now a stay-at-home wife and momma! We know there's more in store for us in our future, and we say, "Come what may and love it!"
Powered by Blogger.

21 November 2011

Almost there... 37 weeks!

3 weeks left... And I sure am feeling it!
Baby Sophie is getting so big! She's about the size of a small watermelon... YIKES!
Today's 37 week Dr. appointment was a little frustrating. My belly was measuring small (34-35 cm), and my blood pressure was ubber high. I'm not allowed to do anything! I have to sit or lay around the apartment and literally do NOTHING. Stinks, huh?
So here I sit... blogging... and reading random articles online... and looking at all the things in my bedroom that I still want to clean/organize/decorate before Sophie comes. Yeah, I'm frustrated. But you know what? I can't complain... not really. I've had a wonderful pregnancy! I've been very blessed to have enjoyed every part of this experience, up until now, and that's pretty amazing. I am truly grateful for this time in my life. I need to just suck it up now and realize that I can't do it ALL, even though I want to. I've made it this far without any complications, and that should be enough, right? Right. Okay, I'll hush up.
Baby Sophie has been active, active, active! She sure loves to dance and do a little shimmy every day! It makes me laugh sometimes when I can see her little bum sticking out. I give it a little rub and she sticks it out even farther. Such a sweet babe already. I love my little girl. I can't believe how close we are to meeting her!
Drew is getting anxious. He's been running all of the potential scenarios in his mind... He wants to make sure he has all his bases covered and that we'll be set when the baby comes. We even took a tour of the Labor & Delivery unit of the hospital last week and saw and talked with a nurse about the birthing suites and the labor and delivery process. We found out that the hospital has birthing balls, a Jacuzzi, and many other things to help make labor as comfortable as possible (if only!). I'm very happy with what we'll be walking into.
I talked with my doc today about the options for induction, too! He said we could schedule a tentative induction date on my due date! Apparently, they don't like moms to go past due if they can help it. That was good news. So, AT THE LATEST, Sophie will be here on December 12th or 13th (give or take some time for labor)... just 3 weeks away!
Here's a photo from 36 weeks:

No comments: