the barrons

the barrons

about us

We're from the Syracuse, NY, area and started dating when we went to BYU-Idaho for college. We were married December 2008 and have a daughter, Sophie. We will be welcoming a new baby in November 2013! We currently live in Mason, Ohio, near lots of family! Drew is working at Liberty Mutual Insurance as an Auto Claims Adjuster. Carissa is now a stay-at-home wife and momma! We know there's more in store for us in our future, and we say, "Come what may and love it!"
Powered by Blogger.

02 December 2011

just a few things...


I can't express the joy I feel to be the mother of such a wonderful baby girl. She is absolutely perfect. Here are some things about this past week (YIKES! my babe is already more than a week old!):

1. Sophie is the easiest baby I have ever seen. She lets me know when she's hungry, when she's wet, when she needs to burp, and when she's cold. That's the only time I get to hear those perfect vocals.
2. The most beautiful sight in the world is when my little love looks right at me with those big blue-brown eyes (I'm thinking they'll end up hazel, like Daddy's).
3. Sophie loves the sounds of the vacuum, the shower, and Momma & Daddy's singing.
4. There is absolutely no hat in the world that will fit that tiny head.
5. Sophie knows that as soon as one diaper is changed, it's time to completely fill the next.
6. Newborns sleep a LOT.
7. Baby girl is a miracle child. Every nurse that handled her at the hospital was astonished that she never needed to be taken to the NICU.
8. Sophie's fingers are the longest and most beautiful I have ever seen on a baby.
9. Her own fingers and hands are making some great soothers. No binkies needed!
10. Baby leg warmers are perfect for those scrawny little legs. I love those little legs. And wrinkly knees and elbows.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Can't wait to hear the birth story... well if you feel like sharing :) what a cutie, and so teeny!!