the barrons

the barrons

about us

We're from the Syracuse, NY, area and started dating when we went to BYU-Idaho for college. We were married December 2008 and have a daughter, Sophie. We will be welcoming a new baby in November 2013! We currently live in Mason, Ohio, near lots of family! Drew is working at Liberty Mutual Insurance as an Auto Claims Adjuster. Carissa is now a stay-at-home wife and momma! We know there's more in store for us in our future, and we say, "Come what may and love it!"
Powered by Blogger.

20 February 2010

One year older and (wiser?) SILLIER too!

Happy Birthday to me!
I am officially 22 years old! My birthday was one of the best days I've had in awhile, and I think Drew enjoyed it too!
Friday, February 19, was my birthday, and since it was a school day I had to go to work. Before work, though, Drew wanted me to open my gifts from him. He got me a Sign Language book (I have been wanting to learn for quite awhile) and a BYU-Idaho zip-up hoody! Work was actually really good! My name was on the morning announcements because it was my special day, my co-workers harmonized a beautiful rendition of "Happy Birthday", we had a taco salad potluck and cupcakes for lunch, and my student was so sweet to me (as always I must say)! She even made me a card! :)
My boss said it would be okay for me to scoot out early and get a substitute for the last 2 hours of school. So I left early, leaving the easiest part of the day to the sub, and I spent the rest of the afternoon and evening with my wonderful husband!
Drew had everything planned out for the day, and I was so excited to go along with those plans!
First, we went to a 3:10 movie in Idaho Falls... Avatar in 3-D again! :) I was so pampered; Drew asked me if I wanted anything to snack on, and of course I did! We got the works!
After the AWESOME movie, we headed back to Rexburg to get some Thai food! We have this really good little Thai restaurant on Main Street... we had been there before and loved it, so I knew that's where I wanted to eat on my birthday! I had the same thing as last time: Pineapple Curry Duck, red Thai curry with pineapple, peppers, tomatoes, basil, and duck. So yummy! Drew had half of a crispy duck with Thai sweet and sour sauce. It was spicy but delicious (I tried a little)!
After dinner, Drew took me over to our friends' home! Dello, Bethany, Dave (Drew's brother), their friend Kristen, and her sister Emily, were all there to celebrate! We had Texas sheet cake and ice cream and had a great time together!
We finally went home and found a bag of cookies on our doorstep! I later found out that my friend Caity had left them for me. We wound our night down by watching some episodes of 24.
We cuddled and read together, and finally went to sleep... for longer than expected!
What a wonderful 22nd birthday! Who cares if I'm getting older... no one could ever take the kid out of me...! :)

2 comments:

David said...

Oh no! Just imagine how silly you will be when you turn 23! :O

Do you have any big goals for the next year of your life? :)

Anonymous said...

i didn't know we were almost the same age! your only like 6 months older than me. cute blog!!