the barrons

the barrons

about us

We're from the Syracuse, NY, area and started dating when we went to BYU-Idaho for college. We were married December 2008 and have a daughter, Sophie. We will be welcoming a new baby in November 2013! We currently live in Mason, Ohio, near lots of family! Drew is working at Liberty Mutual Insurance as an Auto Claims Adjuster. Carissa is now a stay-at-home wife and momma! We know there's more in store for us in our future, and we say, "Come what may and love it!"
Powered by Blogger.

10 August 2011

Singing songs to Sophie


More than half-way to seeing our baby girl!

"My baby girl has a future as a tight-rope-walker! Her inner ear has developed and they now have a sense of balance. Also, my foot-long, one-pound baby is really starting to look like an adorable oversized raisin. Not to worry - all those wrinkles are just extra skin in anticipation of that adorable baby chub she'll be piling on!" Baby Gaga
"Watch what you say -- baby is now able to hear outside noise from down in the womb. Studies show that baby finds gentle music and your own voice most soothing. Nipples are starting to sprout, and that little face is fully formed. And, baby's starting to settle into sleep cycles, snoozing about 12 to 14 hours a day. It shouldn't be hard to figure out when -- just pay attention to those kicks as they start and stop." TheBump.com
After reading about Sophie's ability to hear my voice better,  Drew and I have made an effort to sing songs that we learned when we were little: songs from the LDS Children's Songbook. It's been a wonderful way to keep a sweet spirit in our home and to help us remember that speaking soft, kind words is the best way to raise our children.

In all of the excitement of finalizing plans for Drew's last semester of school (and preparing for the LSAT in October) and preparing for the baby to come (more work than we realized!), we decided that we needed a little break. So we've FINALLY planned our trip to visit my mom and step-dad, the Case fam, and are flying out to Kansas City for a full week! It'll be wonderful to spend time with family, relax, and celebrate the wonders of pregnancy with my mom! :) Drew and I are getting very excited! We leave one week from today, and will be documenting as often as possible; I don't want to miss out on photo opportunities. We'll also be seeing my sister, Celeste, and her little family: husband, Aaron, and baby, Dane. We're thrilled to meet our nephew! Celeste has also been so sweet to scrounge for free stuff for our baby, so we'll be sent home with LOTS of fun stuff!

That's it for us right now. You'll get to see my getting-bigger preg belly in pictures from KC... when we get back, of course! Love ya!

1 comment:

Tiffany said...

Carissa! I'm in Rexburg for only a few days (short notice, i'm sorry) I was just checking to see if you were around and maybe I could at least stop by and say hello to you! I'd love to see you while i'm in town but totally know it's last minute! Call me or text me! 716 796 8421