the barrons

the barrons

about us

We're from the Syracuse, NY, area and started dating when we went to BYU-Idaho for college. We were married December 2008 and have a daughter, Sophie. We will be welcoming a new baby in November 2013! We currently live in Mason, Ohio, near lots of family! Drew is working at Liberty Mutual Insurance as an Auto Claims Adjuster. Carissa is now a stay-at-home wife and momma! We know there's more in store for us in our future, and we say, "Come what may and love it!"
Powered by Blogger.

11 October 2011

We Idaho Barrons...

Have been up to so much lately!

Drew took the LSAT on October 1st! We find out the results (a score up to 180) via email on October 26th. We're thinking he did pretty well, but there are still those doubts that everyone has after taking a big test. You know what I mean.
The weekend of the LSAT was fun-filled! Since the closest test center for Drew to go to was at Idaho State University in Pocatello (about an hour drive from us in Rexburg), we thought it would be a good idea to stay in a hotel near the campus the night before. We got into town, went straight to dinner at Red Lobster (YUM!) for a nice treat to ourselves, and went to a movie to help Drew relax and keep his mind off the test. It was a crazy time. We got lost, almost missed the movie, ended up going to one that was way too late, and finally got back to our hotel to relax, unwind, and sleep.
Poor Drew. I was worried he'd be so tired the next morning (he had to be at the test center by 8:30 am), but he was a trooper and was wide awake when it came time to leave. I suppose it may have even worked in his favor to, kind of, stick to his same type of schedule... we stay up late and wake up early for important things all the time. We're awful.
After dropping Drew off for the LSAT (I felt like I should have gotten a picture or something... kind of like documenting the first day of kindergarten), I perused the town. Well, there wasn't much I could do, but I wandered a few stores, watched General Conference online, via the McDonald's free wifi, and read a bit of my nerdy junior fiction book. It was quite the day! I picked a very mind-exhausted Drew up, we left town, and headed for Idaho Falls (on the way home, of course!). We stopped at our dear friends', the Larsons, home and finished watching Conference with them. After that, we went shopping for items on our long "preparing for Sophie" list. After a long day, we went home to snuggle with our kitties. It was much needed.

Since that crazy LSAT weekend, Drew has started a second job working the early morning custodial job he used to have a few years ago. Hours: 4 am-7 am. Yes, he is nuts. Two jobs, 14 college credits (final semester!), a somewhat-demanding calling at church, AND helping prepare for a baby. He's my superman.

I have been keeping busy, too! I now watch a 2 month old baby girl on Tuesdays and Thursdays for a little bit of pay. These past couple of weeks, I have been working at our disabilities agency job in St. Anthony. It's been good! I'm getting worn out pretty quickly these days... but more on the wonderful world of pregnancy in my next post! I'm trying to find crafts and new recipes to freeze to keep myself busy on the days that I don't work. Scrap-booking, making baby head bands and bows, and sewing chair covers and new skirts are just a few of such crafts....

Not much else going on, but HEY, we do a lot! Some days I would LOVE to just sit and watch paint dry. Soon I'll be able to watch something much more wonderful in my quiet time... Is there anything more soothing and sweet than watching a baby sleep?

1 comment:

Mrs. Smith said...

Carissa - are you going to make a car seat cover for the baby? I found a super easy tutorial online and it took me maybe 4 hours from start to finish. Let me know if you want the address.